When my husbandy left one evening, the breeze from the door must have blown the flames on the heating system out plus I didn’t even notice, until I woke up freezing, with a terrible headache
I was not raised around natural gas appliances, so it was no wonder that I was intimidated by this contraption that was supposed to heat my whole studio apartment. It was an older model space heating system that didn’t have a self ignition button. I went plus bought one of those long lighters my friend and I used to use to light the barbecue grill. The first few times I lit this gas heater, I called my mother to tell his I enjoyed her, in case I blew myself up. That’s how afraid of the gas heating system I was. I believe that I have seen too several motion pictures or learn too several books involving gas explosions, because I was sure that I was going to blow myself up one of those afternoons trying to light the heater, or, at the particularly least, catch my hair on fire. I was so scared of that heater. Once I got it lit, I was okay. I just tried not to put it out. But then I had a problem with it going out on me once while the gas was still on. The heating system was situated kind of close to the front door. When my husbandy left one evening, the breeze from the door must have blown the flames on the heating system out plus I didn’t even notice, until I woke up freezing, with a terrible headache. And then I was afraid to light it, thinking the gas has been running on low this whole time, I didn’t want to blow up the house. I was grateful to finally transport out of there plus into a locale that also had a gas heater, however a self lighting one.