I hope to never experience this again.

I awoke to an alarm last night blaring in my basement. I feared the worst such as a fire or water flooding from a broken pipe. Upon inspection it was coming from my carbon monoxide detector. I quickly awoke everyone in the house and sent them to the neighbors. I used my cell phone to contact the emergency services and they inspected my house. They advised that we stay somewhere else that night just as a precaution. First thing the next morning I called my HVAC technician to have my heater checked out. Carbon monoxide is one of the deadliest things to have leaking into your home. It has no odor so it is known as the silent killer. After a complete inspection of the heater, our technician made the necessary repairs. He did make the recommendation that we consider installing additional filters and we had him do the work as well. I am very thankful that we had the carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout the house. Any expense that ensures the safety of your family is worth it. My family and I can sleep well at night knowing that they are doing their job. I hope to never experience this again. It was so scary to think of what may have happened in the event we were not prepared. I made an appointment for late fall next year to have the HVAC checked before using it. Annual maintenance will help to avoid any further awakenings in the middle of the night. I will share this story with all my loved ones for sure to ensure their safety as well.

click to find more information

By Steve