I awoke to an alarm last evening blaring in my basement.

I feared the worst such as a fire or water flooding from a broken pipe.

Upon inspection it was coming from my carbon monoxide detector. I swiftly awoke pretty much everyone in the house & sent them to the neighbors. I used my cell cellphone to contact the emergency services & they checked my house. They advocated that my good friend and I stay somewhere else that evening just as a precaution. First thing the next day I called my Heating, Ventilation & A/C specialist to have my boiler checked out. Carbon monoxide is one of the deadliest things to have leaking into your home. It has no odor so it is known as the silent killer. After a complete inspection of the heater, our specialist made the necessary repairs. He did make the recommendation that my good friend and I consider installing additional filters & my good friend and I had him do the labor as well, then i am legitimately thankful that my good friend and I had the carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout the house. Any expense that ensures the safety of your family is worth it. My family & I can sleep well at evening knowing that they are doing their job. I hope to never experience this again. It was so horrifying to guess of what may have happened in the event my good friend and I were not prepared. I made an appointment for late fall next year to have the Heating, Ventilation & A/C checked before using it. Annual maintenance will help to avoid any further awakenings in the middle of the evening. I will share this story with all my enjoyed ones for sure to ensure their safety as well.


new hvac

By Steve